- Freshers fun at Dumfries and Galloway College. Coach Craig and Mairi visited Dumfries and Galloway College to engage with students during Freshers Week! Great to see so many young people starting/continuing there journey to a…Read More
- Please note their has been a slight price increase in our class prices- Loreburn Hall Classes £3.20 Lincluden Classes £3.20 (£1.60 if you are from Lochside or Lincluden and have a membership card. Speak to…Read More
- Let’s Get Sporty Announcement!!! Let’s Get Sporty are extremely happy to announce that we have filled a new position within our organisation! Recently we advertised a new post at Let’s Get Sporty, Physical Activity Development…Read More
- Let's Get Sporty would like everyone to know that our classes have started back this week (Tuesday 21st of August). For more information on our classes visit our class section. Please also note our price…Read More
Let’s Get Sporty is a not for profit social enterprise based in Dumfries & Galloway. We provide young people with training, mentoring and employment opportunities through the delivery of sport & physical activity.We provide young people with an individualised training programme focusing on improving their social skills, employability skills and self-confidence. They work with our staff to deliver our sport and physical activity programmes throughout the region. We pride ourselves on getting young people to develop in a professional, inspiring environment delivering quality services in their local community.More about us
A glimpse into the future?
Since Let's Get Sporty began, we have always had a passion for providing young people with opportunities and giving them the platform to create positive change for themselves. In that time we have helped over 150 young people into employment or further education. Our latest success stories include:
Alastair Barnes who started as a Let's Get Sporty trainee has graduated from university; became a learning assistant to support various primary schools and is also now a Let's Get Sporty mentor.
Euan Kirk, who joined on a activity agreement from DGTAP, moved into employment for the first time as a customer assistant at Poundland, Dumfries.
Read more here
Let's Get Lochside and Lincluden Sporty
Let’s Get Sporty Announcement!!!
Let’s Get Sporty are extremely happy to announce that we have filled a new position within our organisation!
Recently we advertised a new post at Let’s Get Sporty, Physical Activity Development Officer (Lochside & Lincluden).
The person who will be taking this role will be Dayne Moore.
Dayne who has lived in the area his entire life had this to say:
“I’m over the moon to be giving the opportunity, this is an area I have grown up in all my life, I went to both St Ninians and Maxwelltown High School so know the area very well. I’m really looking forward to getting started and creating as many opportunities for the local community as I can, working with all the other groups in the area, starting new classes and working with as many people that I can. Hopefully I’ll see some of you soon.”
This role was created to allow for a new Development officer in Lincluden and Lochside with the role looking to:
• Increase participation in sports and physical activity in Lochside and Lincluden in order to improve health, communities and creating higher levels of performance.
• Increase the number of people of all ages participating in sport and physical activity.
• Increased capacity through the recruitment, retention and development of a network of volunteers to deliver sport in schools and the wider community.
David Bradbury, Let’s Get Sporty Chief Executive said:
“We are delighted to finally be able to get started, we have been working on the project for quite some time now and to have Dayne involved is brilliant. He is from the area and has shown us a real desire to go and do the best he can to help the local community. To be able to have a member of staff full time in Lincluden and Lochside will be excellent and will only increase the number of people we will be able to support from the area, from coaching toddlers all the way through to older adults, as well as the employability support we provide through our Let’s Get Employed programme. We really can’t wait for Dayne to get started.”
This fantastic opportunity is fully supported by Our Place Lochside & Lincluden and the Big Lottery Fund Scotland and allows for us to have a full-time development officer in Lincluden and Lochside from 1st August 2018.